The Palladium was a concert hall and later a nightclub in New York City. It was located on the south side of East 14th Street, between Irving Place and 3rd Avenue.
Designed by Thomas W. Lamb and originally called the Academy of Music, it was built in 1927 across the street from the site of an earlier venue of the same name. Opened as a deluxe movie palace by movie mogul William Fox, the Academy operated as a movie theater through the early 1970s.
Beginning in 1971 it was also utilized as a rock concert venue to fill a gap left by the closure of the Fillmore East. It was rechristened the Palladium in 1976, and continued to serve as a concert hall into the following decade. In 1985 the Palladium was converted into a nightclub by Steve Rubell and Ian Schrager, after they were forced to sell Studio 54.
The Palladium closed in 1999 and was later demolished. New York University purchased the land and built a 12 story residence hall keeping the name Palladium. It houses 975 undergraduate and 170 MBA students.
Source: Wikipedia

All performances at this venue:


Page last edited by d_vdlinden on Jul 14, 2011 6:39 am
Disclaimer | © 1996 - 2014 | Brucebase Wiki
Like us on FacebookFollow us on TwitterCheck us out on YoutubeFollow us on Google+